Monday, February 13, 2012

That Sad Moment...

...when you realize, years after the fact, that you made a potential horrible mistake in life.


What decision am I referring to? There are plenty of things I wish I have done. Not chase Dacia after going to Temple. Ask out Cherisse. Been a little less of a bitch with Sabine (yep, most of my bad decisions deal with women and/or pussing out).

But the main decision I'm regretting: Looking for a job in Philly with much more gusto.

When I think about my life here, in Boston, the one thing I wish I had was a really good friend. Like, someone I didn't have to fake myself around. Someone I could be my bad-freestyling, terribly-eating-habit-having, corny-joke-making self. And I had that in spades in Philly after graduating.

I mean, not to disparage the people I know, hang out with (on occasion) and work with here. But, I really miss the camaraderie of my Philly friends. And I just don't have anything like that here.

And I think how that affects other things in my life. I have few friends, none that I hang out with on a regular basis and very little social life. Which makes finding women incredibly hard.

 Not that I don't have any other "You're FUCKED" qualities, but this one is big.


I mean, it's not that I absolutely hate living in Boston. I'm close to my family, I kinda like my job and the people I work with. But sometimes, just sometimes, I miss friends.

I'm 29 years old. It's fucking impossible to find new friends. People are getting married. Having kids. Doing real shit in life. These hypothetical people don't have time for my ass.

That's it...that's all I got...just some reflection shit...

~ Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment