Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas is in 2 days...

...and this motherfucker came and went like a John during lunch break.

I swear, in years past, Christmas would last damn near 6 weeks. This year, Christmas barely had it's 12 days. I wonder if this minor economic downturn had anything to do with that. I think more and more people are doing their Christmas shopping later and later. Today, I went to the Mall to get a few cards and a Xmas hat and it took me 50 minutes. 30 of which I was finding parking and then trying to leave the structure. Hint...if the mall has a relatively non-maneuverable parking situation, expect to be there longer than 1 hour.

It sad though. Every year, Christmas is becoming more and more NOT like the Christmases of old. Remember when you went to sleep, excited as all hell? Waking up, to unwrap 5, 6, 7 or even as high as 10 presents? All cool shit, like video games, toys, etc. That joy was great. Now, you'll get a crapload of cards (of which you couldn't care less about), maybe a present or two. I guess it could be worse, I could be getting nothing at all. But thank goodness for Swaps/grabs. Get one gift, give one gift. Works for me.

Once I get through Christmas, I absolutely have to start making plans for New Year's. The last couple of years have been some real duds. This year, I want something halfway memorable.

And not memorable because it was so bad...

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment